In January of 2017, our Community Breakfast was themed around Volunteering and Volunteer Development. We had guest speaker Karen Miller, Development Officer with Engage Renfrewshire. She shared her story of developing a Volunteer Managers’ Forum in Renfrewshire and started a discussion around whether a similar forum would be beneficial in Clackmannanshire.
From there, over 50 organisations fed in to the process of creating a forum for Clackmannanshire. The aim of the Forum is to provide a space for Volunteer Managers’, and others who interact/work with volunteers to engage and work together to:
- Share resources / best practice / be cohesive
- Support each other with events
- Create a bank of volunteers to share
- Have ‘spotlight’ sessions whereby groups will deliver a brief on their projects
- Invite beneficial speakers
- Share/inform others of training
Meetings for the rest of this year have been scheduled to take place at Play Alloa between 10am and 12pm on the following dates:
- Friday 15th September
- Friday 20th October
- Friday 17th November
- Friday 15th December
If you would like to get involved with the Forum please contact our Volunteer Development Officer Louise Orr.