Exciting Job Opportunity – Volunteer Development Assistant for The Year of Young People
Organisation: Clackmannanshire Third Sector Interface (CTSI)
Salary: £19,000 pro rata
Salary Info: Part Time (28 hours) Worked flexibly as required by the role
Job Type: Fixed term – December 2018
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
Role: Volunteer Development Assistant – Year of Young People
Main purpose of the job
The post holder will provide effective support to the Volunteer Development Officer in the delivery of volunteering throughout Clackmannanshire, with a particular focus on building youth volunteering in the county, and planning and running engagement events.
- School engagement – presentations, events, and 1:1s with students to promote volunteering
- Registering individuals interested in volunteering and ensuring they are appropriately matched with a volunteering opportunity
- Offering advice and information to individuals interested in volunteering, and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact
- Promotion and administration of the Saltire Awards
- Promotion of volunteering opportunities throughout Clackmannanshire
- Act as a point of contact for volunteers
- Updating our CRM system with volunteer details as necessary
- Build and maintain good relationships with local Volunteer Involving Organisations and external partners, and assist with developing opportunities
- Work with the Volunteer Development Officer to plan, co-ordinate and run Year of Young People events
- Other duties as required by the organisation on a ad hoc basis
Location: The post will be based in the offices of CTSI in Alloa, however the nature of the role will require the post holder to work throughout Clackmannanshire. Access to personal transport would be advantageous, though not essential.
Application notes: Please find attached the full job description, person specification and application form. Please return the completed application form and equality monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.