Main purpose of the job
The Community Centre Manager (the Manager) will play a key role in ensuring the management and smooth running of the Hawkhill Community Centre. An important aspect of the role is to develop the business, including improving facilities and identifying new opportunities by means of effective marketing, networking and innovative solutions.
Working closely with the Trustees and other staff and local statutory, voluntary and commercial sector organisations, the Manager will work to ensure the Centre is a vibrant, well-managed facility that operates within a sustainable framework for the benefit of local residents and organisations.
The Manager will be given a high degree of autonomy and will be self-motivated. The Chairperson, as line manager, will support and mentor the new Manager to aid her/him in achieving their full potential within the role.
- To manage the operations of the Centre and its staff in accordance with the parameters of and under the direction set by the Trustees.
- To develop and implement procedures for the effective management of Centre staff and volunteers.
- To promote the use of the Centre by, among other things, maintaining the Centre’s website, maximising publicity opportunities and liaising with the local media.
- To develop services and facilities in accordance with the aims of Hawkhill Community Association.
- To develop close working relationships with local partners; to seek compatibility of activities and delivery of innovative joint ventures.
- To seek and develop opportunities for community engagement.
Location: The post will be based the Hawkhill Community Centre, 132 Hillcrest Drive, Alloa, FK10 1SB
For application form and full job description click here