Great Tapestry of Clackmannanshire
Two years ago, thousands of people came to Clackmannanshire to visit the Great Tapestry of Scotland which was brought to the Speirs Centre in partnership by Clackmannanshire Third Sector Interface (CTSI) and Clacks Council. Now after much planning and discussion with local heritage experts, CTSI is delighted to finally have a Clackmannanshire Tapestry, also designed by Andrew Crummy.
During the upcoming Volunteers’ Week (1st of June – 7th of June) CTSI will be taking to the road to allow local people first view of the new tapestry. We are encouraging as many people as possible to come along and offer their ideas for what should be included on our tapestry.
We want the tapestry panels to highlight the main industries of Clackmannanshire, both past and present, including coal, weaving, wool, glass and pottery, and brewing and distilling as well as our beautiful scenery of the Forth and Ochil Hills.
You can see the new tapestry at the following venues and times:
Tuesday 4th of June
- Tullibody Civic Centre (9.30am to 11am)
- Cambus Bowling Club (11am to 12pm)
- CTSI Connect Centre (12.30pm to 2pm)
- Speirs Centre (2pm to 4.30pm)
Wednesday 5th of June
- Cochrane Hall (9.30am to 10.30am)
- Ben Cleuch (10.30am to 12pm)
- Muckhart Parish Church (2pm to 3pm)
- The Hive – Dollar (3pm to 6pm)
Thursday 6th of June
- Clackmannan Town Hall (9.30am to 11.30am)
- Alva CAP (2pm to 3pm)
- Sauchie CAP (3pm to 4.30pm)
We hope as many people as possible an come along and make suggestions for our very own Tapestry and create our own bit of history.
Make a Suggestion
If you can’t make it along but would still like to contribute your ideas then please fill out the contact form below.